* for review students, please scroll down for a form to apply for special rate discount code.
For Parents, Teachers and Therapists of Children and Adults Who Are Differently-abled
This course offers participants methods and techniques that you can immediately use with the children or adults with whom you work. Much attention is given to noticing/assessment skills that also include basic stages of human development. The participant learns how to use the Building Block Activities that may create a foundation for new learning.
For EVERYONE to learn, work, create emotional stability and communicate easily
Support themselves and their children with these techniques.
TEACHERS / THERAPISTS:
Discover simple yet profound "tools"
What is Movement Based Learning?
Movement Based Learning is a way for us to begin to understand and apply the concept that movement of the body affects the integration of our brain function. When our brain is in an integrated state (i.e. able to access all parts of the brain), we return to our natural, normal curious state of learning. It is from this solid foundational space that we can reach our greatest potential.
Steps to Complete This Workshop
Join this workshop by clicking “Take This Course” above and make payment.
Check your emails for:
- Course Registration Confirmation email from b.empower
- Payment confirmation email from KiplePay
- Zoom Registration confirmation email with link to zoom meeting
Sometimes these emails may land in your Junk/Spam mail folders, so please check there too!
Preview your course and submit your Enrollment Agreement
- Login to this website and select this course
- Submit your Enrollment Agreement in Lesson 1, and “Mark Complete”
- Preview your Course Manual (BBA Manual) online in Lesson 2, and “Mark Complete”
These Lessons can be done in advance even before your Zoom class.
Attend Zoom Class!
- Check your email for Zoom Meeting Link.
- Please register a Zoom account before class.
- Use your Zoom account login when asked for.
Access to your movement instructional videos from the course “MBL Instructional Videos – Building Blocks Activities by Cecilia Koester” for your review!
Get your Certificate!
- Complete the Live Session Evaluation form
- Complete the Quiz
- Print your Certificate and Celebrate!
Return to your course at empwr2u.com to get your certificate.
Review Student Application Form
40% reduced fee for review students. A discount code will be sent to your email upon successful verification.[contact-form-7 id=”25723″ title=”Review Student Application form”]
- Making Sense of Movement Based Learning
- Brain and Education Research History
- Using Anatomical Terminology to Express Simple Brain Functioning
- Noticing Through the Lens of the Three Learning Dimensions
- Reflexes and Developmental Movement Patterns
- Movement Activities to Enhance Ease of Learning
- The Building Block Activities
- Core Activation
- Ear Popping
- Eye Activation
- Lengthening Activity on the Foot
- Navel Radiation
- Skull Tapping
- Spinal Walking
- Language Intention
- Movement Based Learning and Seizure Activity
This online workshop provides:
- An in-depth study of how to use a program from MBL. This program teaches techniques called the Building Block Activities that are based on typical developmental movement patterns.
- An excellent application for autism, cerebral palsy, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, speech impairment, brain injuries and impairments caused by strokes.
- Applications to typically functioning children as well as children who learn differently.
Workshop participants are able to:
- Observe basic developmental movement patterns of early childhood that will allow us to target specific brain function and offer a structure to explore the application of movement-based learning.
- Gather information about how to apply movement-based learning to enhance the child’s level of functioning.
- Practice the Building Block Activities that are essential to the developmental movement patterns.
Special Online Features
- Recordings of techniques by the founder, Cecilia Koester will be shown and available online during course.
- You will have access to the manual online. Hard copy is available by visiting the bookstore at https://pub.breakthru.academy
- International Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon completion of the course.
- Pathway available to be an International Licensed Movement Based Instructor.
Special Access for Online Students
Students can access "MBL Instructional Videos – Building Blocks Activities by Cecilia Koester" course during workshop period!